Below are some of the methods I use to help raise awareness of my products and services.
Organic Social Content
- Maintain an annual editorial calendar for content across channels
- I sometimes pin a post to the top of the timeline on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. This is meant to be an interesting or evergreen item that can gain social engagement (and traffic) over time.
- Articles from the Safe Camp field notes may appear in other places like LinkedIn and Medium articles.
Paid Media (mostly paid social)
- I may advertise on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- At times I spend $1 a day per platform to reach business decision-makers over time.
- Sometimes I use job title targeting and other specific parameters on LinkedIn (e.g., target one company at a time).
- Sometimes I make custom targeting lists on Twitter, to reach exact people.
- Sometimes I target by geography
- Sometimes I target a combination of all the above.
- I might place sponsored ads on placements like Pocket and other newsletters or websites.
- For the most part, I avoid paid media in favor of referrals.
Joining the conversation
- I comment on trending news on LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- I answer questions about social media on Quora and LinkedIn.
- I am part of The Specialists, We Are Rosie, Working Not Working, Wethos, and LinkedIn ProFinder.
Thank you for reading this note! If you found it helpful, please share it and follow or connect with me to learn more.
See more Field Notes here.