- An employee is sometimes a person's first contact with the brand. The employee's choice of words and behavior are a reflection on the brand.
- A brand doesn't need to be on every single digital channel or social media platform.
- A person doesn't need to interact with a brand on every single digital channel or social media platform.
- A brand doesn't need to be the same or different on every social media platform.
- Not every discussion between the brand and others needs to be in public on social media.
- Events and other things can be a brand's "social media." In other words, the ways that brands have been social, before social media came along.
- Sometimes audio and video are the closest match to what a brand feels like (e.g., personal) in its typical setting.
Thank you for reading this note! If you found it helpful, please share it and follow or connect with me to learn more.
See more Field Notes here.